Schrayer & Associates, Inc. | Washington, DC
Schrayer & Associates, Inc. (S&A) is a Washington-based political consulting and strategic planning firm that works with organizations to enhance and maximize their impact and influence in the public policy arena. We work on a range of domestic and international issues and bring a unique approach to a diverse client base.
What You’re Looking For:
If you are looking to work in a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment with the opportunity to build upon your communications and advocacy skills, consider joining our team. We are seeking an Associate to craft cutting edge communications, delve into issues at the center of today’s policy debates, and assist in planning and overseeing issue-based advocacy campaigns and high impact events. The position is located in Washington, DC (though given today’s virtual world, we are open to exploring creative options for the near future).
What We’re Looking For:
- 2-5 years of experience working for an advocacy/political organization, campaign, elected official or communications consulting firm
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Proficiency and creativity with social media
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Great with research, reports, presentations and seeing beyond the obvious
- Creative spark (graphic design experience a plus)
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Fun, engaging personality and a team player
- Skilled in Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
What You Would Be Working On:
- Engage directly with our passionate clients seeking to make a difference in the world
- Conduct research, helping produce sharp writing for strategic plans, memos, background briefs and talking points
- Prepare social media and website content for clients and S&A
- Plan high-impact events, developing strategy on program, overseeing logistics, scheduling Hill appointments
- Design print and digital materials and communications presentations for clients
- Support internal office operations
S&A staff receive competitive salaries and enjoy high quality benefits including comprehensive health and disability insurance, retirement plan, and generous paid leave and holidays.
S&A is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. S&A is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff and recognizes that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences.