Schrayer & Associates, Inc.
Communications and Events Associate
Schrayer and Associates, Inc. (S&A), a fast-paced and highly regarded political consulting firm, is seeking an experienced communications and events professional to join its talented team in providing a range of services to a diverse client base. The position will be responsible for assisting in the development of communications and marketing strategies and materials for clients and the firm and for providing general administrative support, as needed. This position will also collaborate with other team members in the planning and implementation of client events, including lobby days, conferences, and other special programs. The position will have opportunities for future growth and reside in Washington, D.C.
- Message & Material Development. Assist in writing impactful and timely content for client projects, including digital media, background memos, talking points and print materials; manage design and production of print materials and visuals for client events.
- Internal Digital Management. Work with other S&A team members to develop creative content for S&A’s digital platforms, including website, blog, Twitter and Facebook.
- Event Logistics and Planning. Support the planning and implementation of client events, including Capitol Hill lobby days, conferences, salon style dinners, and meetings. Assist with creating event plans and logistics, selecting venues, preparing speaker and event invitations, recruitment tracking, scheduling Congressional appointments and managing vendor relationships.
- Meeting Support. Assist with preparations for client meetings, including creating PowerPoint presentations, background research, drafting agendas and coordinating logistics.
- Strategic Planning. Contribute to the development of client strategic plans, assisting with the collection and analysis of client input and the drafting of plans and related materials.
- Office Management. Provide general administrative support for the S&A team as needed, including the following:
- S&A financial operations – Code and process vendor bills, prepare monthly client billing reports, prepare expense reports.
- Office operations – Purchase office supplies and equipment.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and two years of relevant professional experience.
- Strong project management and organizational skills; creative and detail-oriented.
- Strong communications (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Political organizing or advocacy experience; engaging grasstops advocates, a plus.
- Skilled in Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint; social media proficiency; experience with graphic design and event programs (Constant Contact, Social Tables, etc.) a plus.
- Limited travel expected.
Competitive salary will be offered, commensurate with experience and qualifications. S&A also provides a generous package of benefits, including health and disability insurance, retirement plan, vacation and sick leave, and paid holidays.
Schrayer & Associates, Inc. is a Washington-based political consulting and strategic planning firm. Founded in 1994, we work with organizations to enhance their operational effectiveness and maximize their impact and influence in the public policy arena. We work on a wide range of domestic and international issues – from healthcare to foreign policy – and bring a unique approach to a diverse client base. More information can be found at www.schrayer.com.
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference “Associate” in subject line. No calls please. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.