Communications & Advocacy Associate
Schrayer & Associates, Inc. (S&A) is a Washington-based political consulting and strategic planning firm that works with organizations to enhance and maximize their impact and influence in the public policy arena. We work on a range of domestic and international issues and bring a unique approach to a diverse client base.
What You’re Looking For:
If you are looking to work in a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment with the opportunity to build upon your communications and advocacy skills, consider joining our team. We are seeking an Associate to craft cutting edge communications, delve into issues at the center of today’s policy debates, and assist in planning and overseeing issue-based advocacy campaigns and high impact events. The position is located in Washington, DC.
What We’re Looking For:
- 2-5 years of experience working for an advocacy/political organization, campaign, elected official or consulting firm
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Great with research, reports, presentations and seeing beyond the obvious
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Proficiency with social media
- Creative spark (graphic design experience a plus)
- Fun, engaging personality and a team player
- Skilled in Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience hosting Zoom calls
What You Would Be Working On:
- Conduct research and produce sharp writing for strategic plans, client memos, background briefs and talking points
- Draft social media and website content for clients and S&A
- Plan high-impact client events – strategize on program, oversee logistics, schedule Hill appointments
- Craft and promote CEO’s public voice, including thought leadership on key issues
- Design print and digital materials and visuals for clients
- Prepare presentations and assist with client meetings
- Support internal office operations
S&A staff receive competitive salaries and enjoy high quality benefits including comprehensive health and disability insurance, retirement plan, and generous paid leave and holidays. We currently operate in a hybrid environment with employees working a minimum of 2-3 days in the office each week.
S&A is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. S&A is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff and recognizes that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences.
If you are interested, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference “Associate” in subject line. No calls please.