U.S. GLOBAL LEADERSHIP COALITION
– Selina Jackson & Sean Callahan, Co–Chairs, U.S. Global Leadership Coalition
Liz Schrayer strategized with the group of NGOs, helping them to create a presence and deliver a cohesive message on Capitol Hill. The early campaign evolved into the USGLC, referred to as the “strange bedfellows coalition”, and is now considered one of the most effective advocacy groups in Washington.
- Broad-based coalition of over 400 businesses and non-profits, retired four-star generals and admirals, foreign policy experts, and activists in all 50 states
- Advisory Council chaired by Colin Powell includes every living former Secretary of State
- Built strong bipartisan support in Congress and among successive Administrations for U.S. global engagement
- Achieved a level of funding for the International Affairs Budget 50% higher than when the USGLC was founded